When building a new home, the limitless possibilities can be overwhelming. It’s critical to have someone on your team who can translate your vision into reality while also keeping your specific requirements and financial plan in mind.
This article will guide you through the things you need to consider when selecting a realtor to help make your dream home a reality.
1) Style and Trends: Trends come and go quickly, but a home can be forever! Working with a realtor that has a keen understanding of the evolving real-estate market and design trends will be critical for building a home that stands the test of time but still achieves your vision. They will be able to provide important insights and selection guidance on the long-term benefits of certain features, such as their timelessness, durability, or impact on (eventual) resale value. When finding a realtor, be sure to ask them whether this is an area where they have experience.
2) Builder Connections and Insights: A well-connected and knowledgeable realtor will be able to understand your needs and translate that information into appropriate recommendations for potential builders. A new construction realtor with years of experience will have a strong foundation of the inner-workings of the various building companies and the way they do business. This is especially important when it comes down to the customizability of your new build; not all builders provide flexibility with certain feature areas, which could become a challenge if you have a specific vision that they will not execute. Finding a realtor with this knowledge will ensure that you’re matched with a builder that is a good fit.
3) Location: Location, Location, Location! A realtor with a vast knowledge of multiple areas will provide the most appropriate recommendation for your lifestyle. Whether you are looking for proximity to work and school or trying to find a place to relax after a long day, the right location will make all the difference. A great example: if you’re looking for a relaxing oasis, an insightful realtor may suggest you avoid building a house in an up-and-coming subdivision, as you may encounter lots of construction noise and traffic.
4) Budget: Many times with new home buyers, the endless upgrade options can be so enticing that it almost seems impossible to build their dream home without them. The right realtor will be able to help you prioritize and understand which upgrades will be worth it in the long run. Having an advocate with an industry insider perspective will help you spend your money wisely and perfectly balance getting the dream home while still staying in budget.
5) Crisis Management: Regardless of how much planning is involved in building a new home, you may still encounter unexpected challenges. Having the right realtor will help mitigate your risk by foreseeing where there may be problem areas and discussing them transparently ahead of time. Some mistakes are more easily fixed than others, and having a realtor who can coach you on the best way to remedy the situation will prevent so much stress!
Please keep these factors in mind when choosing which realtor is going to be the best fit for you. If you have any questions about the new home experience or you’re ready to make your dream home a reality, contact me today to receive a complimentary consultation.
(586) 495-6556 | [email protected]